Serves: 4-6 as a side
The perfect accompaniment to a roast shoulder of lamb, or whole baked fish. This dish is full of fresh herbs, zingy black lime and the earthy undertones of our Persian Spice Blend.
Can be prepared up to stage 3 the day before, then finished with fresh herbs the next day to serve.
- 1 small brown onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 Herbie’s Black Lime, pierced a few times with a skewer
- ½ tsp Herbie’s Persian Spice Blend
- 1 bunch silverbeet, washed and roughly chopped (end of stem removed)
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- In a large casserole dish or pot, sweat onion over low heat for 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for a further minute, before adding lime and spices.
- Add silverbeet and half the herbs and spring onion along with 1 cup (250ml) water. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced and silverbeet is very tender (about 20 minutes).
- Taste for seasoning, then stir through remaining herbs and spring onion to serve.