Herbies Spices Recipes
1 Kg lean lamb cubes
1 garge onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon rice bran oil or dripping
2 tablespoons plain flour
2 teaspoons Sweet Paprika
1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1 tablespoon Bouquet Garni, or 1 Bouquet Garni ball
- Chop onion and garlic. Place paprika, flour and meat in a clean plastic bag, twist top closed, and shake to coat meat with seasoned flour.
- Heat oil in a heavy-based pot and saute onion and garlic over medium heat until soft but not browned.
- Increase heat, add meat, and turn pieces so that all sides are sealed.
- Add 1 cup water and the Bouquet Garni, stirring to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Serve over fluffy mashed potatoes.