Serves: 2 large
This is the perfect ‘fake-away’ dinner – prepared in a matter of minutes, with classic Chinese flavours. We’ve used barbecue chicken here, but if you’re in proximity to Chinatown, then barbecue duck would be even better!
- 500g hokkien noodles, soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes and separated
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, halved and thickly sliced
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 tsp Herbie’s Chinese Stir-Fry Blend
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut on the diagonal into 2cm pieces
- 200g barbecue chicken (use the dark meat and keep the white meat for sandwiches)
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok, then add onion and ginger. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softening.
- Add spice mix, drained noodles, spring onions and chicken, then stir through the soy, shaoxing wine and sesame oil.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring, then serve.