Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Serves: serves 2-4
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 5 tbsp (75ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 zucchini, cut into 3-4cm pieces
- ½ preserved lemon, rind only, cut into tiny dice
- 20 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Herbie’s Barberries
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Heat a large heavy based saucepan over low heat and add garlic and oil, stirring for five minutes until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Add zucchini, preserved lemon, mint, barberries and salt, stirring to combine, then place a lid on the pan.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes on low, stirring every 5 minutes, until zucchini is tender.
- Serve immediately or chill for serving later.