Cuisine: Middle Eastern
This is a delightful vegetarian meal or a wonderful accompaniment to a barbecued sirloin steak. Baharat is one of our favourite spice blends, also commonly known as ‘Lebanese 7 Spice’.
- 750g pumpkin, cut into thick wedges (3-5cm thick), skin on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Herbie’s Baharat
- 2 stems of kale
- 6 cocktail tomatoes, quartered
- 10 kalamata olives, finely sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cover pumpkin liberally in olive oil and spice mix and place in oven, turning once after 20 minutes. After 30 minutes, place kale stems on baking tray for 10 minutes until crisp, and pumpkin is tender.
- While pumpkin is cooking, combine salsa ingredients and leave at room temperature for serving.
- To serve, place pumpkin on a plate, top with salsa, and crumble the crisp kale over the top.