We are starting the school year with a batch of these healthy muffins. They freeze well, so can be taken daily for the lunch box.
- 200g wholemeal self raising flour
- 150g plain self raising flour
- 4 tbsp bran meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Herbie’s Fragrant Sweet Spices
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 270ml buttermilk or skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 80ml vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with papers or grease thoroughly.
- Combine flours, bran, baking powder, sugar, spices and berries in a large bowl.
- Whisk banana, milk, eggs and oil in a separate bowl then add to dry ingredients, stirring until completely mixed.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden then allow to cool before storing in an airtight container or freezing.